Please review the sections below carefully. Proposals must be submitted following the order below. Proposals that are submitted without the following in their entirety will not be accepted. You are required to submit (12 Copies) of the following in English (including the original), stapled and 3-hole punched:
SECTION 1 – APPLICATION FORM
Please use the LPB application form as the cover page. Please type. Do not handwrite. You are required to fill out this form in the space allotted unless otherwise noted.
SECTION 2 – BUDGET SUMMARY FORM
Please fill out the LPB Summary form provided. For an explanation on categories please see 2009 Budget Summary Form Instructions by clicking here.
SECTION 3 – APPLICATION SUMMARY
Not to exceed (3) pages. Please address or answer the following:
• Give a brief project summary by including: 1) a one sentence synopsis and 2) a four to five sentence synopsis.
• Have you chosen to target specific funding sources? Please describe fund-raising strategies to acquire additional funding for the project’s budget.
• Please give a detailed production status and timeline. Indicate at what stage the LPB Funds would be used.
• Who is your target audience? (Defined by geography, classification or generation). Please detail any distribution plans.
• How does this project address the needs and interests of Latino Americans?
• Why is this program appropriate for public television?
SECTION 4 – PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Not to exceed (6) six pages. Describe your project by providing a thorough treatment including the dramatic story structure, your stylistic approach and visual elements.
SECTION 5 – DETAILED PROJECT BUDGET
Not to exceed (6) six pages. Indicate items to which LPB funding would be applied. Also include “In-Kind” (volunteered) services, but calculate their value in a separate column. Budget should include total cost of the project including R&D, Production and Post-Production costs. Budget should also include public television broadcast requirements such as Closed Captioning, E&O Insurance, etc.
SECTION 6 – KEY PERSONNEL
Include a brief biography of key personnel (e.g., executive producer, producer, director, writer, director of photography, editor, talent if appropriate and consultants) not to exceed 4 to 5 sentences. Please indicate who on your team is Latino/Latina and outline their specific roles on your project.
If applying for OUTREACH, the Producer is required to include additional information pertaining specifically to the Project Outreach Plan.
Please click HERE for Additional Outreach Application Instructions.
Guidelines and Applications Available Spring 2010